01 December 2005

Emeril Imperfect

First person singular imperfect tense in Latin is more fun if you shout out the BAM and simultaneously slam your hand on the table. Heck, you can even do this with first person plural. It's even more fun if two people do it together, and will possibly give the resident 6yo a case of the giggles.

Last night VKid1 made Some Real Good Chili from Emeril's There's a Chef in My Soup. For the record, it's very salty when prepared as written (not that we prepared it as written -- when we made the Baby Bam we left out the celery salt because we didn't have any and I had no interest in buying it just for this use, since I'll probably never use it again). VKid2 was impressed by the lack of vegetables, since I add green pepper to my chili and Grandma adds celery to hers. This was basically meat, tomato, onion, garlic and spices. Oh, and cheese -- we alway top with shredded cheese. And I usually throw avocado on mine.

Must close -- we have a Santa Cow Island emergency brewing. I MUST read this book aloud NOW.

No comments: