17 October 2006

Tuesday Teatime

Today's teatime featured a fruit juice beverage made by Kid2 out of her Brownie Try-It book, thus completing her requirements for Make it, Eat it. This is her first completed Try-It, and she was truly excited to finish it up.

We also had angel food cake from Trader Joe's, with sides of Soy Delicious Carob Mint (fruit juice sweetened!) and enough whipped cream to cover the plate in mounds of white.

Teatime took place at the kitchen table since the dining room is currently in use for Halloween-costume-construction. I read various poems from All the Small Poems and Fourteen More by Valerie Worth. I picked out poems about skeletons, spiders, geese flying south ... various autumn images. I also chose others that had a theme that I knew the kids would enjoy (for example, Kid2 loves potatoes, so I read about potatoes). I like this book of poetry, and I think the kids do, too.

No comments: