26 January 2006

Decisions, decisions

Decision 1: Whether to participate in the Knitting Olympics. Hmmm. What would be a knitting challenge for me, yet still be pragmatic? I've been knitting for over 30 years, so have tried pretty much everything mainstream. I have no desire to knit a tent or shoes or somesuch. Really. And if it's something fussy I won't be able to read and knit at the same time. Yikes! I haven't tried knitting 2 socks at once on circs, though, and I could do them as a Christmas 2006 present (quite pragmatic).

Decision 2: What to do with the Amazon.com gift certificate. The pile of books on my nightstand has been moved to the floor; soon it will double as a new nightstand. This would seem to be an arguement against gettin more new books. But, really, I got those books before I realized I wanted to read Norms and Nobility or Knitorama .

Then there are decisions about contractors (who should install the new window? the new floor? the new door?), materials (which floor? which door?), rugs, paint, window coverings ... I really hate to shop. Well, except for food and books, which are necessities.

No comments: