09 March 2007

What's On My Mind

Snapea Crisps. Yum.

Keeping my nightstand dust free. How is it the most dusty piece of furniture in the bedroom? Do I exude dust while I sleep? Are the cats up to something?

That mango drink at Trader Joe's ... the one in the plastic bottles in the dairy case, along with the Super Cee and weird green drinks. Mmmmm.

Stefanie Japel's Fitted Knits. I can't find it in the local stores yet. This is really bugging me. Have they gotten a copy or 2 in and it already sold out? What's up? So, I end up searching google for reviews and pictures of Finished Objects (for pete's sake, other people already have the book and have finished knitting stuff from it!). And brooding about the worthlessness of having 2 large bookstores near your house if the stores don't stock the books you want.

This funny little jag in my back molar. D'you think it could be a crack? But I can't see anything. Dentist appointment in 2 weeks, anyway, so I guess I'll find out then.

Rereading Madeleine L'Engle books.

Sewing. Buying fabric. Carrying around various issues of Ottobre. Tracing patterns, sewing them up. Measuring. Altering. Creating.



Kid2's pants (in foreground) are #36 from Ottobre 1/2007, pink velour from Sewzanne's, hot pink ribbing from JoAnn's. She didn't want the tiny stripe down the side that the pattern called for. Kid2's top (fuzzily in background -- this picture was taken in the Butterfly House, and the camera was steamed up) #38 from 3/2006, fabric from the quilting section of JoAnn's.

I would try to take better pictures, but that would take time away from cutting out the next item. Must. Go. Sew.

No comments: