09 February 2006

Pausing for a moment to sort out this stack of books

Please bear with me as I try to figure out what's where.

Current active reading:

Tom Brown's Field Guide: City and Suburban Survival next to the bed.

Food as Medicine by Dharma Singh Khalsa in kitchen on counter; I stand eating brownies while I read it.

Stuff I was actively reading, but it's starting to get buried in other books and knitting:

How to Read a Book by Adler; shouldn't I finish this before reading some of the others? Nah, most of the stuff I'm reading is relatively fluffy. I'll need to finish this before tackling something weightier, though.

The Way of the Scout by Tom Brown. Checked out the library to occupy myself until the field guide came from Amazon. I may return this and try it again later.

Lost Christianities: The Battles for Scripture and the Faiths We Never Knew by Ehrman. Mostly read on Sundays when I need to recover from various comments and situations at church.

Creativity in Education by Rene Querido. I'm reading this for an online book discussion which covers one chapter per week. The book discussion is held by Donna Simmons on her yahoo group.

Then there are piles of books I was reading back before we moved. Books I never finished, squirreled away here and there, sort of like the unfinished objects a knitter has tucked into various nooks and crannies. Books I purchased meaning to read, but haven't had time to start. And books I'm actively using (like The Writer's Jungle or Long Lean and Strong or the pile of kundalini yoga books).

I need to find a nice neat way to keep track of all of this. Really.

1 comment:

Norma said...

Your book pile sounds a lot like mine. Might be a good Thursday Thirteen topic: Books almost read, or Books about to be read, or Books waiting to be opened.