26 April 2006

Bits and Pieces

HOMESCHOOL:

No Tuesday Teatime yesterday. KidV1 had a bad cold, and asked if we could postpone it. I had planned a baseball theme since she was supposed to go to the baseball game last night with Mr.V ... obviously, that got postponed also (Mr.V went ahead, though, and gave his seal of approval to the new stadium).

Of course, this threw a wrench in KidV2's plans. She had visions of An Evening With Mommy, starring a banana split and the 2 of us watching Bambi. But, since KidV1 was home and not too sick to vehemently object to watching Bambi, that fell to pieces. We did play Sorry (Disney edition, no less). That should count for something.

Most of homeschool got postponed yesterday. KidV1 did some math, then curled up in a chair with a book and a cat. KidV2 did some phonics, math (she's in RightStart Level B), put her weather leaf on her weather tree, then spent the afternoon driving her sister nuts by sitting on the couch reading aloud to herself.

KNITTING:

I don't have any yarn here that I'm in the mood to knit. So I ordered some. Except it's still not here, so I keep wanting to order more. And I'm pretty sure it's all going to arrive and I won't be able to remember why I ordered any of it. So far it's all for short-sleeve summer tops like Green Gable and Ribby Shell (these orders were placed during the sudden heat wave last week, can you tell?). Of course, then I got a look at CeCe at Bonne Marie's blog, so, of course, I'd like to add that to my list of Things to Knit.

Actual knitting done: 0. I did wind some sock yarn last night while simultaneously watching Star Trek TNG and surfing the Internet for info on geometry, geometry without proofs, Euclid, history of math education in US, math education abroad, etc. It was a dumb episode of Star Trek, and a fruitless Internet search, but at least the sock yarn is ready to be knit now.

CURRENT NUMBER OF KIDS NOW WAITING FOR ME TO GET OFF THE COMPUTER AND TEND TO STUFFY NOSES, SORE THROATS AND GENERAL ICKINESS:

2

No comments: