12 April 2006

Tuesday Teatime

This week we held an Easter Teatime.

Our poetry came from A Journey Through Time in Verse and Rhyme . I selected several Easter poems from the chapter on seasons. writers included Fiona Macleod, Martha G.D. Bianchi, David Kuhrt and J.M. Neale, as well as a couple of poems with no author given.

I baked Hot Cross Buns, using a recipe fairly similar to this one (I say "similar" mostly because I didn't really follow the recipe, not being much in the mood for following directions yesterday ... have you ever had days like that?).

Of course, the kids played Hot Cross Buns on the recorder. This was done sequentially, as they did not care to play together. KidV1 finds this type of music easy; KidV2 struggles with it.

And we discussed why Hot Cross Buns are eaten at Easter.

(By the way, I'm posting late today as I decided to reserve the early morning hours as Prime Sheep Knitting Time. Four hooves done, four to go, then 2 tails, 4 ears, and the felting. Woohoo. On the other hand, I finally figured out that one skein of Rowan Holiday isn't enough for a Scribble Lace shawl. We'll see what happens with that, but as hot as it is I don't really plan on wearing a wrap anytime soon. As a matter of fact, I've been told it's time to blow up the inflatable pool, it's so hot.)

No comments: