20 March 2006

Nothing to show for the weekend

Blogger isn't uploading photos at the moment. This means you don't get to see the moebius knitting mid-bindoff. Mostly it looks like a big ratty pile of multi-colored yarn at the moment, so no great loss. The big news is that I *AM* binding off. This should've taken only a day or two to knit, but I've managed to stretch it out to nearly a week. I should've done the bindoff last night while watching Star Trek -- it's an applied I-cord, so more suitable for knitting-during-TV-viewing than knitting-while-reading -- but we started toasting marshmallows over the fire about then. Gooey marshallows and knitting don't mix, and the marshmallows won my attention. It was that sort of weekend.

You also don't get to see a photo of me carrying a Booga bag, wearing a Clapotis and also wearing a Dash headpiece taken off of a cotton candy bag; the photo was taken on Saturday when we went to see The Incredibles on Ice. We hadn't been to a Disney on Ice show before. It was ... different. Some great skating, but in the context of a 90 minute ad for the wonders of Disneyworld. Sorry, but Disney isn't the center of our universe. As a matter of fact, it's so peripheral it's about to fall off the edge.

Other things we didn't do this weekend: We didn't paint the new front door or the new french doors. We did absolutely nothing to the entrance, which has had all of the wallpaper ripped off the walls and is now the otherworldly green of a 30 year old coat of wallpaper sizing. We didn't finish taking down the wallpaper in the bedroom. We didn't work on the playset in the backyard, which still needs the swingset and the climbing wall (if for no other reason than getting the boxes out of the garage so I can park my car in there). I started reading 3 new books, but didn't get past page 50 in any of them.

Today will be different! This is the day I will accomplish mighty things! Children will clamor to learn interesting things, and I will cleverly facilitate their learning! No marshmallows will be consumed!

1 comment:

Brewer said...

Marshmallows should always win over knitting (or crocheting for me) esp if you get to share them with the fam! If you really want a gooey mess, I'll share my recipe for homemade marshmallows. It is definitely the gooey-est messiest recipe ever, but it is SOOO yummy that the mess is ok :)

A weekend of everything but what was on the list always makes for busy Mondays, but they do feel so good, don't they?

Good luck with the binding off
--weaver